Activities nearby the Medoc campsite
Nearby La Chesnays campsite you will find many sporting and cultural activities for all ages, such as:
- Le parc de l’aventure de Montalivet offers many leisure activities for all ages: Tree climbing, Mini Golf, the Treasure Hunt, the circuit of Pedal kart, the bungy addict … and for the little ones, the donkey ride
- Le Paint-ball de Montalivet welcomes you un a woodland arena. The one hectare site gives you the playground where you can enjoy our “full woodland experience” which includes barricades, bridges, tunnels, trucks, inflatable obstacles and even a fortress!
- Cap33 offers from April many sports and leisure activities for the whole family
- Equitation, the 3 equestrian centers located near the campsite, offers various activities and hikes. (Centre équestre Catherine Sireix, Centre équestre de Clavières ou centre équestre de Périgueys).
- Surfing is very practiced on the coast of the Gironde and especially Vendays-Montalivet. In Montalivet different schools will welcome you to teach you how to surf
Monta Surf School, carakas surf school, La Caze nautique ASZ
- The sand yachting is also very practiced on the long beaches of Montalivet and promises thrills even for beginners. The Club du Cap Montalivet offers introductory sessions to yachting.
- Karting : Go Karting Montalivet for amateurs and enthusiasts of mechanical sports
- Parc de châteaux gonflables : from 2 years old children can crawl, jump and slide on more than 20 giant inflatable structures !!! See Lily Park
- Fishing: The amateurs of sea fishing will be able to practice the surf casting (information with the fishing club of Montalivet) And to fish in ponds, we advise “Les étangs de Barreyre”.
- Golf : The Balata Golf Practice de Grayan et l’Hôpital is located 5 minutes from the campsite and offers a 9-hole training course and a practice of 10 positions. You can discover, introduce, train or even improve at the Golf.
- Animalia Parc, a life-size farm in the heart of the Médoc to discover with family.
Discovery of the Médoc vineyards:
To the north-west of the Gironde, cross the wine route to discover the castles and Médoc vineyards famous for their red wine. The first vineyards are about ten kilometers from Vendays-Montalivet. Eight appellations of controlled origin are available to you: Médoc, Haut-Médoc, Saint-Estèphe, Pauillac, Saint-Julien, Listrac, Moulis and Margaux.
To discover around Montalivet
In the Médoc, nature is always preserved. The large spaces and the huge diversity of landscapes are conducive to discovery and to many walks.
Soulac, family resort with its covered market open every morning in July and August, 7 km of unspoiled beaches, many forest trails. You will discover more than 500 splendid holiday villas built in the 19th century.
The Verdon with its marina “PORT-MEDOC”, and also “POINTE DE GRAVE-ROYAN” the starting point of the boats connecting Pointe du Médoc to Royan.
You can cross by car but also on foot to go stroll on the port and the market of Royan and why not accompany your children to the famous zoo of Palmyre.
It is also in Verdon-sur-Mer that the Vélodyssée begins in Gironde, a great European cycle route that will take you to the Bassin d’Arcachon (160 km).
To visit “Le phare de Courdouan”, “The Versailles of the Seas” which is the only open sea lighthouse open to the public. You can visit it on board Bohemia from the Verdon (45 min). When you climb the 311 steps that lead to the lantern, you will have a magnificent view of the Gironde and Pointe de Grave.
The Estuary of the Gironde and its small ports such as Talais and the port of Goulée, Saint-Vivien.”Le Phare de Richard” offers a panoramic view of the estuary, the Charente coast on the right bank and the “Holland polders” on the left bank.